Guide 42+8 SL
Mountaineering and Climbing backpack
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- deuter Promise - Lifetime Warranty
We promise to repair any Deuter pack free of charge, no matter its generation or the reason for damage or defect.
California Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information please go to: https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65
The climate neutral, PFC free Guide SL strikes the perfect balance between light weight, comfort and functionality. The comfortable, well ventilated back system; snug fit that keeps the load close to your center of gravity; ergonomic, detachable hip fins; hard-wearing materials; further improved attachment systems; and stowable rope strap all combine to generate fine-tuned load control and maximum freedom of movement on multi-day alpine projects. The J-shaped front zipper opening also provides quick access to the main compartment.
Your optimal companion for
- Delrin® U-frames
- Load adjustment strap
- Adjustable sternum belt
- adjustable sternum strap with signal whistle
- VariFlex System
- Padded hip belt
- Removable hip belt
- Hip fin with loops
- Attachment loops for the helmet holder (helmet holder available as accessory)
- Goggle holder on shoulder strap
- Zipped front compartment
- Ice Axe Attachment
- Height adjustable lid
- Removal backpack lid
- Lid compartment
- Key clip
- SOS label
- Compatible with 3.0 liter drinking system/bag
- snug hip fins
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Compression straps
- PFC free
- Carbon neutral product
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
SL Women’s Fit
This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
- The Alpine Back System guarantees stable balance and reduces the effort of carrying medium to heavy loads in alpine regions since the load is always close to the body’s centre of gravity. The softstripe back pads of the streamlined alpine backpacks flexibly embrace the back with every movement and thus ensure a snug, secure fit. The channel between the pads ensures noticeably pleasant ventilation by creating a kind of chimney effect.
- The ergonomically designed S-shaped shoulder straps fit like a glove – no chafing of neck or arms. In addition, the SL straps have soft edges.
- The adjustable stabiliser straps on the shoulders and hip fins allow for fine tuning whatever the terrain.
- Optimum load transfer thanks to the compact hip fins. In addition, they hold the backpack firmly in position. The larger models have PE reinforcement.
- Move freely in difficult passages: the removable, flexible Vari-Flex hip fins follow your every movement. In the Guide, Rise Pro, Rise Tour and Freerider Pro models, the hip fins can be simply removed. Advantages: weight reduction and more comfortable carrying of the lap belt. The backpack can be carried just with the waist belt, which is also removable
- Perfect load transfer to the hip fins thanks to the ergonomic, removable X frame made of multi-chamber aluminium profiles or a flexible frame made of permanently elastic spring steel
- Good load transfer with minimal weight thanks to the flexible Delrin® U-frame. It effortlessly follows the most diverse of movement patterns.
This deuter product is free of per- & polyfluorinated chemicals. deuter thus reduces the use of environmentally harmful substances that pollute the environment and health.
PFC is used, among other things, as a coating for rain protection, as they have water-, dirt- and grease-repellent properties.
Instead, deuter now uses DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation that is harmless to health and the environment.
Carbon neutral product
By adopting more materials and technologies that have a smaller carbon footprint in our collections we are taking positive steps toward reducing our CO2 emissions. But despite our greatest efforts, it’s impossible to make products climate neutral. And so, we’ve teamed up with Climate Partner to offset any unavoidable CO2 emissions. From now on, the volume of emissions released by the production and transport of any ‘Carbon neutral’ deuter product purchased will be compensated for through voluntary offsetting and targeted investment in select social and climate protection projects.