Mountaineering and Climbing backpack
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- deuter Promise - Lifetime Warranty
We promise to repair any Deuter pack free of charge, no matter its generation or the reason for damage or defect.
California Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information please go to: https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65
The hard-wearing material, lid construction, taped and welded seams, and TPU-coated zippers combine to protect contents from moisture in this lightweight alpine pack. The wide, vest-style shoulder straps and soft material against the back wrap around the torso to create a seamless fit and unrestricted freedom of movement – when pushing your limits over varied terrain. The vest-style carry system gives on-the-move access to essentials. And a bungee cord means you can switch gear around in no time, too.
Your optimal companion for
- Load adjustment strap
- Removable sternum belt
- Adjustable sternum belt
- adjustable sternum strap with signal whistle
- Roll-top capacity extension
- Trekking pole holster on shoulder strap
- Zippered pocket on shoulder strap for smartphone, GPS, etc.
- Ice Axe Attachment
- SOS label
- Compatible with 3.0 liter drinking system/bag
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Key clip
- Inside compartment to keep your valuables safe
- Helmet Mount
- ergonomically shaped vest shoulder straps
- PFAS free
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Vertrail 16
Hardwearing material, taped and welded seams, TPU-coated zippers, and a new lid design keep rain and spray out of this waterproof pack and off the pack’s contents when used as intended.
Reduced to the essential – you can still carry light to medium loads comfortably with the back system of our lightweight backpacks. The flexible, tensioned Delrin® U-frame provides stability and comfortable load distribution at minimum weight.
This deuter product is free of per- & polyfluorinated chemicals. deuter thus reduces the use of environmentally harmful substances that pollute the environment and health.
PFAS is used, among other things, as a coating for rain protection, as they have water-, dirt- and grease-repellent properties.
Instead, deuter now uses DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation that is harmless to health and the environment.
ISPO Award 2022 Winner
This is what the ISPO Award jury says about the deuter Vertrail 16:
"The new deuter backpack was one of the favourites of the entire jury. It looks urban and modern. It also offers a lot of carrying comfort with its wide straps and has integrated holders for everything important."
Dr. Martina Wengenmeier, ISPO Award 2022 Jury Member & Editor ISPO.com