Freerider Lite 18 SL
If you spend your winters in the mountains – skinning and skiing – then the ultra-lightweight Deuter Freerider Lite touring pack is just what you’re looking for. Featuring our Lite carry system and made from a new fabric that’s hard wearing, breathable and snow resistant, the Freerider Lite is extremely comfortable to carry. Sweaty, wet equipment and clothing can be stashed in the front pocket, leaving contents in the main compartment dry. We’ve also equipped it with our new modular attachment set-up. You can strap your skis, snowboard or snowshoes onto the outside of the pack using two dedicated stowable straps attached to the gear loops on the pack: skis diagonally, snowboards and snowshoes in an upright position. And with the weight of this pack pared down to a minimum, you’ll make light work of the ascent.
Your optimal companion for
- Delrin® U-frames
- snug hip fins
- Load adjustment strap
- Glasses stow system on shoulder strap
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Reinforced safety compartment for shovel blade and handle
- Attachment loops for the helmet holder (helmet holder is not included in delivery)
- Fastening straps for ski diagonally
- Inside compartment to keep your valuables safe
- Ice Axe Attachment
- Compatible with 3.0 liter drinking system/bag
- SOS label
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Lite System
- PFAS free
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Freerider Lite 18 SL
SL Women’s Fit
This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
One day. One mountain. One lightweight. The Lite carrying system is reduced to the essentials and designed for light to medium loads. Carrying comfort is not sacrificed, thanks to the lightweight and comfortable back padding with ventilated 3D mesh cover. A secure fit offers the effort-saving and close to the body fit, by the snug and lightweight hip fins. Perfect for an active day on the mountain.
This deuter product is free of intentionally used PFAS (per- & polyfluorinated chemicals). deuter thus reduces the use of substances, that are known to harm the environment and health.
For Outdoor products PFAS are mainly used for water repellant treatments.
Instead, deuter uses since 2019 alternative DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation.