Featuring ergonomically formed, padded shoulder straps and an adjustable hip belt, and with the reduced contact surface of deuter’s Airstripes back system to generate maximum ventilation and carry comfort. The main compartment has a drawcord closure for quick access and roll-top extendable capacity that’s zipper secured. Inside it has a document pouch and laptop sleeve for more organized packing. The PFC-free fabric of this Green Button-certified, bluesign® product is made from 100% recycled PET bottles (24 x 0.5-liter bottles) and according to bluesign® standards.
- Airstripes System
- ergonomically padded shoulder straps
- Removable sternum belt
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Removable hip belt
- Volume expansion
- Load adjustment straps
- Separate bottom compartment with zip-on base
- Zip-in organizer unit for a tablet, documents etc. with padded laptop sleeve (15”)
- Key clip
- Zipped access at the back
- Stretch side pockets
- PFAS free
- Green Button certified product
- bluesign® product
- Carbon neutral product
- 100% recycled PET material
Recycled polyester is a synthetic synthetic fibre obtained from PET bottles. A special texture allows the haptics and shine of natural fibres to be imitated. Conclusion: By using 300D PES RECYCLED our products are much more sustainable and at the same time have a natural look.
Recycled polyester is a synthetic synthetic fibre obtained from PET bottles. A special texture allows the haptics and shine of natural fibres to be imitated. Conclusion: By using 500D PES RECYCLED our products are much more sustainable and at the same time have a natural look.
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Utilion 34+5
- MeshTex shoulder straps. Anatomically formed, they guarantee comfortable movement range.
- Two contour-shaped layers of knobbly foam with AirMesh lining and minimal back contact provide maximum airflow.
- Flexible aluminium stays within the foam profile can be bent to fit the back exactly. (SUB 28, Cross City, Giga Office Pro)
- The bilaminate construction made from one soft and one firm layer of foam provides excellent carry comfort and optimum load distribution.
- Removeable waistbelt (Spider, SUB 28, Cross City, Graduate, Giga, Gigant, Giga Office, Giga Office Pro, Walker 20 & 24)
This deuter product is free of intentionally used PFAS (per- & polyfluorinated chemicals). deuter thus reduces the use of substances, that are known to harm the environment and health.
For Outdoor products PFAS are mainly used for water repellant treatments.
Instead, deuter uses since 2019 alternative DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation.
Green Button certified product
The Green Button is a government-run certification label for sustainable textiles. Everyone who aims to purchase socially and environmentally sustainable clothes should look out for the Green Button. There is currently no other label like the Green Button. It demands that mandatory standards are met to protect people and the environment. A total of 46 stringent social and environmental criteria must be met, covering a wide spectrum from wastewater to forced labour. Read more information here.
Consumer products that carry the bluesign® product label conform to the strict safety and environmental requirements of the bluesign® system criteria. The textiles and accessories used to manufacture the products with the bluesign® approved label are produced in a way that saves valuable resources and has a minimum impact on people and the environment.
Carbon neutral product
By adopting more materials and technologies that have a smaller carbon footprint in our collections we are taking positive steps toward reducing our CO² emissions. But despite our greatest efforts, it’s impossible to make products climate neutral. And so, we’ve teamed up with Climate Partner to offset any unavoidable CO² emissions. From now on, the volume of emissions released by the production and transport of any ‘Carbon neutral’ deuter product purchased will be compensated for through voluntary offsetting and targeted investment in select social and climate protection projects.
100% recycled PET material
The fabrics used for this model are made of post-consumer PET bottles.