The Freerider pack has clever winter-specific details like access to the main compartment via a fully opening back panel. This gives you good oversight of the contents and it also means the carry system stays dry. But even if a little snow does get onto the carry system, our new hard-wearing, breathable, snow-resistant fabric will keep your back dry. And when it comes to safety, the Freerider has it all worked out. It features a separate, easy-to-access compartment for your probe and shovel so that your avalanche equipment is quick to access in an emergency. We’ve also equipped it with our new modular attachment set-up. Two dedicated straps that attach to the gear loops on the pack allow you to affix skis, a snowboard or snowshoes to the pack in no time at all – skis diagonally across the back or in an A-frame, a snowboard or snowshoes in an upright position. These versatile gear straps can also be used as compression straps.
Your optimal companion for
- Alpine System
- Delrin® U-frames
- Hip fin with loops
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Load adjustment straps
- Goggle holder on shoulder strap
- Reinforced safety compartment for shovel blade and handle
- Ice Axe Attachment
- A- Frame Ski Fixation
- Zipped access at the back
- Attachment loops for the helmet holder
- SOS label
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag
- Special compartment in the inside of the backpack to keep your valuables safe
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Contact system
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
SL Women’s Fit
This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.