Aircontact 40 + 10 SL
- From €50 free shipping and free returns
- 2 years warranty
Our Aircontact trekking backpack has won the title of “indestructible”. Therefore, we have opted for gentle changes: It is extremely robust, but now it is even neater, more modern and streamlined when trekking. And even more comfortable: Thanks to the new, flexible, suspended Active Fit shoulder straps and the re-designed hip fins, the backpack moulds itself comfortably around the wearer – for noticeably more comfort. For women, the new system is equipped with the tried and tested features of the SL fit. In addition, there is now the new 70+10 SL model.
Your optimal companion for
- Aircontact System
- Active Comfort Fit
- VariQuick System
- Round profile frame made of permanently elastic spring steel
- Height adjustable lid
- Separate bottom compartment with removable base
- Front zip access
- Padded hip belt
- VariFlex System
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Rain Cover
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- SOS label
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag
- Walking pole holder
- Removal backpack lid
- Lid compartment
- Load adjustment straps
- Pull-forward hip fins
- Two side outer pockets
- SL Women’s Fit
- Inside compartment to keep your valuables safe
- Compact hip fins
- Hip fins with two zippered pockets
- Compression straps
- Material loops on front & lid
- Two elastic side pockets
- Double bottom
- PFC free
Woven from 600 denier polyester yarn and with a thick PU coating, this tear resistant and light fabric is highly versatile. Whenever it’s about keeping the weight of the backpack as low as possible with moderate stress, then this is the ideal solution. The “deuter Super Polytex BS” version is produced in compliance with the stringent bluesign® standard. Its features and stress factors are identical.
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Aircontact 40 + 10 SL
SL Women’s Fit
This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
High loads can be carried best when the carrier and the backpack operate as a single entity. This is where our Aircontact principle comes into play: The carrying system lies directly on the body, thus the load is kept close to the body’s centre of gravity. This guarantees full control and an effective load transfer. At the same time, the breathable Aircontact back pad ensures noticeable and pleasant ventilation thanks to a pump effect at every movement
This deuter product is free of per- & polyfluorinated chemicals. deuter thus reduces the use of environmentally harmful substances that pollute the environment and health.
PFC is used, among other things, as a coating for rain protection, as they have water-, dirt- and grease-repellent properties.
Instead, deuter now uses DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation that is harmless to health and the environment.