The Freerider pack has clever winter-specific details like access to the main compartment via a fully opening back panel. This gives you good oversight of the contents and it also means the carry system stays dry. But even if a little snow does get onto the carry system, our new hard-wearing, breathable, snow-resistant fabric will keep your back dry. And when it comes to safety, the Freerider has it all worked out. It features a separate, easy-to-access compartment for your probe and shovel so that your avalanche equipment is quick to access in an emergency. We’ve also equipped it with our new modular attachment set-up. Two dedicated straps that attach to the gear loops on the pack allow you to affix skis, a snowboard or snowshoes to the pack in no time at all – skis diagonally across the back or in an A-frame, a snowboard or snowshoes in an upright position. These versatile gear straps can also be used as compression straps.
Your optimal companion for
- Delrin® U-frames
- Hip fin with loops
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Load adjustment straps
- Goggle holder on shoulder strap
- Reinforced safety compartment for shovel blade and handle
- Ice Axe Attachment
- A- Frame Ski Fixation
- Zipped access at the back
- Attachment loops for the helmet holder (helmet holder available as accessory)
- SOS label
- Compatible with 3.0 liter drinking system/bag
- Inside compartment to keep your valuables safe
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Alpine System
- PFC free
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Freerider 28 SL
SL Women’s Fit
This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
With backpacks for use in alpine regions, it is essential to ensure the optimum balance of carrying comfort, durability and function in terms of weight. The Alpine system is the answer to this challenge. Both of its softstripe pads embrace the back flexibly with every movement. In conjunction with the streamlined pack sack, the load is always close to the body’s centre of gravity. This guarantees full control of the backpack.
This deuter product is free of per- & polyfluorinated chemicals. deuter thus reduces the use of environmentally harmful substances that pollute the environment and health.
PFC is used, among other things, as a coating for rain protection, as they have water-, dirt- and grease-repellent properties.
Instead, deuter now uses DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation that is harmless to health and the environment.