Futura Pro 38 SL
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- deuter Promise - Lifetime Warranty
We promise to repair any Deuter pack free of charge, no matter its generation or the reason for damage or defect.
California Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information please go to: https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65
The Futura Pro SL, which is designed to fit the female anatomy, was developed for multi-day tours where comfort must not be lacking. The backpack therefore has the ergonomic Aircomfort Sensic Pro mesh back system. This provides maximum back ventilation due to the innovative mesh. In addition, the moveable VariFlex ECL hip fins with ergonomic padded inserts allow energy-saving carrying. Thanks to the clear division of the compartments, items can be stored easily and effectively in the lid compartment, in side bellows pockets, in the separate floor compartment and in the spacious main compartment.
Your optimal companion for
- Round profile frame made of permanently elastic spring steel
- VariFlex System
- Pull-forward hip fins
- Active Comfort Fit
- Load adjustment strap
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Lid compartment
- Separate bottom compartment with removable base
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Outer pockets (3)
- SOS label
- Compatible with 3.0 liter drinking system/bag
- Pole holder
- Ice Axe Attachment
- Inside compartment to keep your valuables safe
- Rain Cover
- Attachment loops for the helmet holder (helmet holder is not included in delivery)
- Compression straps
- Aircomfort System
- 50% recycled
- PFAS free
SUSTAINABLE: 50 % of the yarn is used from recycled raw materials. The main material of the Futura series consists of bluesign® certified material.
Woven from 600 denier polyester yarn and with a thick PU coating, this tear resistant and light fabric is highly versatile. Whenever it’s about keeping the weight of the backpack as low as possible with moderate stress, then this is the ideal solution. The “deuter Super Polytex BS” version is produced in compliance with the stringent bluesign® standard. Its features and stress factors are identical.
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Futura Pro 38 SL
SL Women’s Fit
This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
Medium loads can be carried with ease and great ventilation thanks to the ergonomic Aircomfort Sensic Pro mesh back and the flexible hip fins. The innovative construction of the hip fin section and its fluid transition to the back mesh embrace the carrier and ensure a comfortable fit with maximum ventilation: the Aircomfort mesh, which is kept permanently taut thanks to the elastic spring steel frame, creates a ventilation space between the backpack and the back, through which warm, moist air can freely evaporate.
50% of the yarn is made from recycled raw materials. This can save 12% greenhouse gases.
This deuter product is free of intentionally used PFAS (per- & polyfluorinated chemicals). deuter thus reduces the use of substances, that are known to harm the environment and health.
For Outdoor products PFAS are mainly used for water repellant treatments.
Instead, deuter uses since 2019 alternative DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation.