- From € 50 free shipping and free returns
- 2 years warranty
It can be a jungle out there in the city streets – so keeping your balance is key. But it’s hard work too. So having a backpack that’s waterproof, keeps the load close to your center of gravity and offers superior ventilation across the back is paramount. And the Amager does just that, thanks to the effective combination of PFC-free waterproof body fabric, comfortable deuter Airstripes back system with reduced contact surface, Air Spacer mesh covering the back system, ergonomic, perforated shoulder straps and hip fins, and adjustable sternum strap. Inside, there is ample space for work documents and a laptop, or even a change of clothes, and a zip-around expansion section on the front creates more room when required.
Your optimal companion for
- ergonomically padded shoulder straps
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Removable hip belt
- Roll top closure for volume expansion
- Side smartphone pocket
- Inside compartment to keep your valuables safe
- Attachment loops for the helmet holder (helmet holder available as accessory)
- Reflectors for better visibility
- Laptop compartment up to 15 inch
- Mesh hip fins
- Zip-in organizer unit for a tablet, documents etc. with padded laptop sleeve (15”)
- Airstripes System
- PFAS free
A very durable 420 denier polyamide fabric that is highly abrasion resistant due to its high weave density. A TPU coating on the inside and FC free DWR on the outside make the fabric waterproof even under extreme conditions. Glossy surface.
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Amager 25+5
- 3D AirMesh lined shoulder straps. Anatomically formed, they guarantee comfortable movement range. The chest strap further secures the fit.
- Breathable Mesh wings on the hip belt stabilize the load.
- Two contour-shaped layers of knobbly foam with AirMesh lining and minimal back contact provide maximum airflow.
- Flexible aluminium stays within the foam profile can be bent to fit the back exactly. (Bike I, Superbike and Trans Alpine).
This deuter product is free of per- & polyfluorinated chemicals. deuter thus reduces the use of environmentally harmful substances that pollute the environment and health.
PFAS is used, among other things, as a coating for rain protection, as they have water-, dirt- and grease-repellent properties.
Instead, deuter now uses DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation that is harmless to health and the environment.
Design & Innovation Award 2022
With the Amager, Deuter launch a sophisticated waterproof backpack for commuters and city cyclists that scores with a decent capacity, good versatility and an appealing design. Mountain bike components have been finding their way onto city bikes for a while now and the Deuter Amager backpack follows a similar trend. It benefits from experience in the mountain bike sector with its balanced weight distribution, a centre of gravity that is close to the body, a carrying system with excellent ventilation and attachment options for a helmet and lock. Inside, the Commuter backpack provides a padded laptop compartment and is lined with bright material, helping you find everything you’ve stowed rather than becoming a black hole where you lose your things. Overall, the backpack doesn’t do anything you haven’t seen before but it convinces with impeccable workmanship, high-quality materials and an absolutely coherent overall concept.
Eurobike Award 2021
The Amager backpack series combines chic and utility for commuters and has a host of practical features. Ergonomic straps, a convenient magnetic closure, a waist belt that can be easily packed away and a white lining to save you having to hunt endlessly for belonings.