Guide 42+ SL
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- deuter Promise - Lifetime Warranty
We promise to repair any Deuter pack free of charge, no matter its generation or the reason for damage or defect.
California Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information please go to: https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65
On your back, ready, go. The new Guide is not only lighter than its predecessor, but also cleverly thought out. With the frontal access, you can get to your equipment quickly and don't lose any time on your tour. If you want to save additional weight, simply remove the hip fins, the helmet bracket or the frame. Thanks to the Alpine Back System, the rucksack sits tight and close to your body: you are safe on the mountain.
Your optimal companion for
- VariFlex System
- Load transfer to the hip fins thanks to the flexible V-frame
- Height adjustable lid
- Load adjustment strap
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Ice Axe Attachment
- Walking pole holder
- Removable hip belt
- SOS label
- Ski carry system
- Compression straps
- Helmet Mount
- Goggle holder on shoulder strap
- Compatible with 3.0 liter drinking system/bag
- Accès latéral zippé au compartiment principal
- Separate bottom compartment with removable base
- Alpine System
- PFC free
Deuter Microrip is a 330 denier polyamide blended fabric offering fantastic tear resistance. The use of Nylon 6.6 makes the material very durable and robust. Thanks to the PU coating, it is also waterproof (WC 2.000 mm) and is, therefore, the perfect material for big packs.
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Guide 42+ SL
SL Women’s Fit
This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
- The Alpine Back System guarantees stable balance and reduces the effort of carrying medium to heavy loads in alpine regions since the load is always close to the body’s centre of gravity. The softstripe back pads of the streamlined alpine backpacks flexibly embrace the back with every movement and thus ensure a snug, secure fit. The channel between the pads ensures noticeably pleasant ventilation by creating a kind of chimney effect.
- The ergonomically designed S-shaped shoulder straps fit like a glove – no chafing of neck or arms. In addition, the SL straps have soft edges.
- The adjustable stabiliser straps on the shoulders and hip fins allow for fine tuning whatever the terrain.
- Optimum load transfer thanks to the compact hip fins. In addition, they hold the backpack firmly in position. The larger models have PE reinforcement.
- Move freely in difficult passages: the removable, flexible Vari-Flex hip fins follow your every movement. In the Guide, Rise Pro, Rise Tour and Freerider Pro models, the hip fins can be simply removed. Advantages: weight reduction and more comfortable carrying of the lap belt. The backpack can be carried just with the waist belt, which is also removable
- Perfect load transfer to the hip fins thanks to the ergonomic, removable X frame made of multi-chamber aluminium profiles or a flexible frame made of permanently elastic spring steel
- Good load transfer with minimal weight thanks to the flexible Delrin® U-frame. It effortlessly follows the most diverse of movement patterns.
This deuter product is free of per- & polyfluorinated chemicals. deuter thus reduces the use of environmentally harmful substances that pollute the environment and health.
PFC is used, among other things, as a coating for rain protection, as they have water-, dirt- and grease-repellent properties.
Instead, deuter now uses DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation that is harmless to health and the environment.
outdoor magazine purchase tip
The models of the Guide series are the best-selling alpine backpacks in Germany. Thanks to a successful facelift, this should remain so. The Guide manages the balancing act of controlled, cuddly fit and high flexibility, the load transfer is very good. Compared to its predecessor, the weight is reduced by around 300 grams. Still top: the practical equipment and very solid materials.