Futura 21 SL
- From € 50 free shipping and free returns
- 2 years warranty
The lightweight, technical Futura SL hiking backpack is specifically designed for women. With a shorter back, narrower shoulder straps and conical shaped hip fins, the Futura SL creates a solid, secure fit around the back and hips. The new-style mesh on the Aircomfort back system creates maximum airflow across the back for athletic hiking. The stretch mesh front pocket is great for airing wet clothes on the move (after a quick dip in a mountain stream, for example).
The main material of the Futura series is made of bluesign® certified material.
Your optimal companion for
- Active Comfort Fit
- Load adjustment straps
- Round profile frame made of permanently elastic spring steel
- Stretch side pockets
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Compatible with 3.0 liter drinking system/bag
- Rain Cover
- Inside compartment to keep your valuables safe
- Pole holder
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Attachment loops for the helmet holder (helmet holder available as accessory)
- Aircomfort System
- Organiser compartment for the tidy storage of pens, phone, etc.
- Front Stuff Pocket
- 50% recycled
- PFC free
SUSTAINABLE: 50 % of the yarn is used from recycled raw materials. The main material of the Futura series consists of bluesign® certified material.
Woven from 600 denier polyester yarn and with a thick PU coating, this tear resistant and light fabric is highly versatile. Whenever it’s about keeping the weight of the backpack as low as possible with moderate stress, then this is the ideal solution. The “deuter Super Polytex BS” version is produced in compliance with the stringent bluesign® standard. Its features and stress factors are identical.
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Futura 21 SL
SL Women’s Fit
This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
This new mesh back system unites maximum ventilation, ergonomic comfort and lightness. The innovative construction of the hip fin section and the fluid transition to the back mesh enclose the carrier and ensure a comfortable fit. The flexible frame construction made of a permanently elastic and break-proof spring steel gives the Aircomfort back mesh its stable tension. It creates a reliable ventilation space between the backpack and the back, through which moist air can freely evaporate. With the patented Deuter 3-side ventilation system, the wearer sweats up to 25%* less. The high level of flexibility of the whole construction provides the wearer with freedom of movement.
50% of the yarn is made from recycled raw materials. This can save 12% greenhouse gases.
This deuter product is free of per- & polyfluorinated chemicals. deuter thus reduces the use of environmentally harmful substances that pollute the environment and health.
PFC is used, among other things, as a coating for rain protection, as they have water-, dirt- and grease-repellent properties.
Instead, deuter now uses DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation that is harmless to health and the environment.
Hiking magazine test winner
The two Futura models (Futura 21 SL and Futura 23) from deuter could secure a "very good" and the test victory with very good features and great wearing comfort.