The Race 8 is not yet light enough?! Then the streamlined Race Lite 8 is just the one you need! Weighing a mere 430 grams, the Race Lite 8 is one of Deuter's lightest backpacks and yet, it still offers enough space for the most important things that you need on a shorter bike tour.
Your optimal companion for
- Mesh hip fins
- Compatible with 2.0 liter drinking system/bag
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Goggle holder on shoulder strap
- Rear light loop
- Two side outer pockets
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Airstripes System
- PFC free
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Race Lite
- 3D AirMesh lined shoulder straps. Anatomically formed, they guarantee comfortable movement range. The chest strap further secures the fit.
- Breathable Mesh wings on the hip belt stabilize the load.
- Two contour-shaped layers of knobbly foam with AirMesh lining and minimal back contact provide maximum airflow.
- Flexible aluminium stays within the foam profile can be bent to fit the back exactly. (Bike I, Superbike and Trans Alpine).
This deuter product is free of per- & polyfluorinated chemicals. deuter thus reduces the use of environmentally harmful substances that pollute the environment and health.
PFC is used, among other things, as a coating for rain protection, as they have water-, dirt- and grease-repellent properties.
Instead, deuter now uses DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation that is harmless to health and the environment.