If you spend your winters in the mountains – skinning and skiing – then the ultra-lightweight Deuter Freerider Lite touring pack is just what you’re looking for. Featuring our Lite carry system and made from a new fabric that’s hard wearing, breathable and snow resistant, the Freerider Lite is extremely comfortable to carry. Sweaty, wet equipment and clothing can be stashed in the front pocket, leaving contents in the main compartment dry. We’ve also equipped it with our new modular attachment set-up. You can strap your skis, snowboard or snowshoes onto the outside of the pack using two dedicated stowable straps attached to the gear loops on the pack: skis diagonally, snowboards and snowshoes in an upright position. And with the weight of this pack pared down to a minimum, you’ll make light work of the ascent.
Your optimal companion for
- Lite System
- Delrin® U-frames
- snug hip fins
- Load adjustment straps
- Goggle holder on shoulder strap
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Reinforced safety compartment for shovel blade and handle
- Attachment loops for the helmet holder
- Fastening straps for ski and snowboard diagonally
- Inside compartment to keep your valuables safe
- Ice Axe Attachment
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag
- SOS label
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- PFC free
- * D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
- * PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
- * PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Top features of the Freerider Lite 20
Reduced to the essential – you can still carry light to medium loads comfortably with the back system of our lightweight backpacks. The flexible, tensioned Delrin® U-frame provides stability and comfortable load distribution at minimum weight.
This deuter product is free of per- & polyfluorinated chemicals. deuter thus reduces the use of environmentally harmful substances that pollute the environment and health.
PFC is used, among other things, as a coating for rain protection, as they have water-, dirt- and grease-repellent properties.
Instead, deuter now uses DWR (Durable Water Repellency) impregnation that is harmless to health and the environment.