1. After every tour, empty backpack completely. Brush clean soiled areas with soapy water.
2. Never put your backpack into a washing mashcine or dryer; this damages the PU coating.
3. Backpack fabrics can not be ironed.
4. Zippers must be kept clean.
5. To store: close the packs and keep in a dry, well aired place.
Do I have to impregnate the backpack material?
"For the first years, the rucksack material offers great water protection. However, in heavy rain water will seep through the zippers and seams. In alpine regions, for climbing or ski tours you should use waterproof packsacks in the rucksack to keep your gear 100% dry. The advantage is that the attachment straps then remain free for material, such as ice axe, skis, poles or snowshoes. For hiking and trekking backpacks use a rain cover. Also, impregnation won’t last very long on older models.
And impregnation (spray and bath impregnation) in the strap’s material can lead to skin irritation."
Place the backpack in a tub or shower filled with water and wash with ph-neutral soap.
Dirt and stains can be easily cleaned with a soft brush. Salt stains on the carrying sys tem can be removed by simply washing with soap and plenty of water.
Make sure to always store the pack in a dry place!